A criminal defense lawyer is defined by their courtroom record. If you are in need of a lawyer you need one with a proven ability to win. Our courtroom record speaks for itself,
In The News
Koenig & Long’s legal work has been repeatedly recognized by local and national media including established daily newspapers throughout Ohio. In 2010—for the fifth consecutive year—James D. Owen was agained named “Ohio Super Lawyer”.
What Our Clients Say
Our proven ability to win is why our clients choose us. Changed with a criminal offense they depend on us to provide exceptional defense. Here are their stories and the courtroom results.
Columbus Criminal Defense Attorneys
OUR LAWYERS COURTROOM SUCCESS RATE
The success of our law firm is not contained in the biographies of our lawyers, but in the lives of our clients. Successful criminal defense attorneys changes lives. Clients get a fresh start and an opportunity for a better future.
Read about THIRTY COURTROOM VICTORIES that changed our clients’ lives.
Use this convenient form to contact us and we will get back with you as soon as we can, or if you prefer, feel free to email us directly at
or call us at 614.454.5010.
OUR CASES AND CLIENTS
Koenig & Long is a Criminal and DUI defense firm based in Columbus, Ohio with a proven record winning tough criminal cases.
Lawyers practicing with our firm have won NOT GUILTY verdicts in Aggravated Murder, Murder, Manslaughter, and Vehicular Homicide cases. But most of our clients are not suspects for murder or other violent crimes such as rape, burglary, or assault. That’s because we defend all types of criminal cases from domestic violence to drunk driving (DUI or OVI) to drugs and narcotics, to business and other white-collar cases.
Most of our clients are very good people accused of being on the wrong side of the law.
But the point is this – even in the most serious of all cases, our lawyers are not afraid to win.
What distinguishes our firm from others is our record of Courtroom Victories.
Our lawyers’ record of winning NOT GUILTY jury verdicts has continued for 30 years, and puts us in a better position to represent our clients, even if the case is ultimately resolved through a negotiated plea bargain because prosecutors know that we will not hesitate to go to trial. The firm’s impressive record winning NOT GUILTY jury verdicts is chronicled in Courtroom Victories and in News Articles.
OUR LAWYERS ARE HIGHLY RATED AND RECOGNIZED
Firm partner, attorney Todd A. Long, has been recognized as an Ohio Super Lawyer rising star by Cincinnati Magazine and the Center for Law and Politics. The firm’s founder, attorney James D. Owen, was named “Ohio Super Lawyer” by Cincinnati Magazine and the Center for Law and Politics beginning in 2006 and continuing through 2014. This designation is awarded to only 5% of Ohio’s practicing attorneys, and designated him as having received the highest degree of peer recognition and achievement among practicing attorneys in Ohio.
Mr. Owen was also recognized by Columbus CEO magazine during that period as one of “Central Ohio’s Top Lawyers.”
Our attorneys’ legal work has been recognized by Ohio’s news media, including its established daily newspapers. The Columbus Dispatch, for example, published a Sunday article entitled “The Defense Never Rests,” that recognized our founder’s work and accomplishments as a criminal defense lawyer.
The Akron Beacon Journal, the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Pittsburg Post Gazette, Playboy, and Cincinnati Magazine have all published articles recognizing his legal work and record of winning cases.
Please click News Articles to see first-hand what the news media has to say about our lawyers’ legal work.
EXPERIENCE AND CASE SELECTION
Our lawyers fight for the best possible results. Because a success is important to us, we only take cases in which we are fully equipped to handle. We generally limit our representation to matters involving criminal or drunk driving defense. Our experience in criminal law enhances our ability to successfully defend our clients. Our experience includes:
- Felony Offenses
- Misdemeanor Cases
- Post Conviction Remedies
- Federal Habeas Petitions and Litigation
- Probation Violations
- Drunk Driving DUI/OVI Defense
- Juvenile Offenses and Juvenile Law
The types of cases we have defended include:
- Homicides, including Aggravated Murder, Death Penalty Murder, Murder, Felony Murder, Voluntary Manslaughter, Involuntary Manslaughter, Reckless Homicide, Negligent Homicide, Aggravated Vehicular Homicide, and Vehicular Homicide.
- Drug offenses, including Aggravated Trafficking, Trafficking in Drugs, Drug Possession, and Drug Abuse in State and Federal Court.
- Assault cases, including Felonious Assault, Aggravated Assault, Assault, Aggravated Menacing, Menacing, and Domestic Violence.
- Sex offenses, including Rape, Attempted Rape, Sexual Battery, Gross Sexual Imposition, Sexual Imposition, Importuning, and Voyeurism.
- Weapon charges, including Carrying a Concealed Weapon, Weapons Under Disability, Improper Transportation of a Firearm, and related offenses in both State and Federal Court.
- Property and theft offenses, including Aggravated Burglary, Burglary, Breaking and Entering, Criminal Trespass, Aggravated Robbery, Robbery, Fraud, and Theft.
- Business crime and White Collar offenses, including tax evasion, mail and wire fraud, money laundering, and securities violations.
- Drunk driving, commonly referred to as DUI, and which in Ohio is referred to as OVI.
- Traffic offenses, including Driving Under Suspension and related offenses.
OUR ATTORNEYS DEFEND CASES THROUGHOUT THE STATE OF OHIO
The attorneys at Koenig & Long have represented clients in cases in a number of different states across the country, but practice law primarily in the State of Ohio, including these central Ohio counties:
The central Ohio cities in which our attorneys practice law include:
- New Albany
- Plain City
- Canal Winchester
- Upper Arlington
- Grove City